10/12/2005

That is the question

I must start by saying that I feel for those who are struck by natural disasters. I can't imagine the terror of a tsunami, earthquake or category 5 hurricane.
Having said that, I recall when certain people in the islamic community said that Katrina was God's judgement on the United States. Katrina claimed less than 1,500 lives. The recent earthquake in Pakistan, an islamic nation, killed in excess of 30,000 people. I have not yet heard any comments about God's judgement on Pakistan.
Now we can debate the theology of God's judgement on nations if you wish, but my point is simply this; islamic silence is speaking volumes. 1,500 dead leads to shouts of joy and proclomations of God's judgement. If Katrina proves how evil America is what does 30,000 dead say about islam?

1 comment:

Charles North said...

I think you just answered your own question!