7/10/2005

London Calling

I was saddened to see the bombings in London yesterday. I like the British people. I come from a former British colony and am still a citizen of a British Commonwealth nation. I am always saddened by the loss and suffering of others but London touched me a little more than maybe some others might have.

My wife and I were in London last June. One of the things that is very noticable is the higher level of security in the UK. It is obvious that people are more vigilant over there than they are over here. London does still bears the scars of the second world war. But none of the vigilance mattered as the bombs were exploded last week. The truth of the matter is not that we are being protected by our governments but rather that we are at the mercy of the extremists. It is apparent that they can attack whenever they want to.

This leads me to my point. JR Rousseau was wrong. The government can not save us. Our only hope is God Almighty Himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Many say this, but their actions deny them...

I am praying for the Britons, I have many friends over there and like you, I feel for them.

Ryan said...

Thanks for the great verse. I really apreciated your sermon yesterday.