9/20/2004

Debates

I was watching the news this morning and heard that the two campaigns have tenatively agreed on dates for the debates. Groovy baby. Actually the prospect of a Bush vs. Kerry debate is about as exciting as syncronized swimming in Athens. Cheney vs. Edwards does however, to borrow a phrase from Seinfeld, "scratch me where I itch". Cheney is going to eat Edwards for lunch. It will be like Clark Kent vs. Godzilla. Does anybody think that Edwards will be able to go toe-to-toe with a seasoned warhorse like the VP?

2 comments:

Charles North said...

I think Sept. 30 (your birthday!) is the first debate. It would be fun to get together to watch it. Kerry will, no doubt, follow Goebell's strategy - tell lies so big that even the opponent is left stunned by his audacity. Oh, and I am the only person who thinks Edwards is NOT good looking! He looks and sounds like a hick from North Carolina!

Anonymous said...

Yo, it's me, Micah. Anyway, i think Cheney should take Edwards in the debate, however, Edwards background as a smarmy lawyer could make him dangerous.